Background to the Ministry of Interior
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfils a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include:
- Enforcement of Rule of Law
- Ensuring security and protection of public order and security
- Take preventive measures to avoid criminal incidence
- Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations
- Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare
- Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability
- Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff
- Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public
- Control and Protection Afghan borders
- Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks
- Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fair professional environment for women
- Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law
- ANP command and control
- Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation and smuggle
- Counter terrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Purpose of the role:
Analysis, control and development of policies and procedures, recommend necessary changes to the existing documentations and policies; ensure major changes and refinements in policies are properly coordinated with the related pillars and departments. Coordinate all national and international formal communications and meetings with the Deputy Minister of Interior. Manage the DM Secretariat office staff and the Close Protection Team members.
Assist and support in providing reports, proposals, presentations and speeches of H.E Deputy Minister for Administration for the President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Interior, National Security Council and all other institutions as required.
Coordinate the issues of leading commission for MOI Civilianization program, As well as the training, Human Resource, Rule of Law, and computerized passport issuance TGC and GRC sectors, and be responsible for day to day management of all their administrative aspects.