Background to the Ministry of Interior
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfils a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include:
- Enforcement of Rule of Law
- Ensuring security and protection of public order and security
- Take preventive measures to avoid criminal incidence
- Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations
- Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare
- Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability
- Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff
- Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public
- Control and Protection Afghan borders
- Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks
- Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fair professional environment for women
- Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law
- ANP command and control
- Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation and smuggle
- Counter terrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Purpose of the role:
This position is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Ministry of Interior (MoI), Procurement Directorate, in Kabul. The position title is Senior Procurement SME.
To lead and support processes and provide professional procurement and business advice on requirements work statement development, procurement processing, orders, price quotations, prices estimation, tracking, data analysis, contract administration, inspection, receipt, invoicing, payment and standardization of goods, equipment, materials, services, and works to be procured within the Ministry/Agency in order to support the effective, efficient and economical implementation of procurement functions and programs; (the specialization may vary from goods, or equipment or materials or services or works, or all or some of these, and may focus on international or national procurement or both).